Sunday, April 5, 2009

Gloomy Friday

It started to get cold on Friday. sky was cloudy and dark while I walk on the lonely path to my class.

It was a superb condition to sleep comfortably, as the weather was set to put people to sleep. But we have our daily lives to continue and go on.

I was early to class, 2nd to be exact. Talked to my friend a bit, then a few more others turned up. Half the class was then there, and our lecturer came in, and we went to the computer lab to do research on our presentation.

I notice the weather and sky, getting gloomier by the minute. And I wished I was at a bed right now, enjoying my sleep.

Before class almost ended, one of my friends came in. He is always early and never skips classes, so it was very very unusual to see him late. I notice his face, and there I knew something bad had happened to him, so I pondered for a moment, what could possibly happen to him? .

He then went out of class to discuss his late-ness with our lecturer. And 2 of our other friends went out to find what happened. Our lecturer came in, I saw her sad face with teary eyes. And there I knew I was right, something really bad had happen.

Our lecturer told me and Sheng, that our friend's dad has passed away. I was shocked and understood the feeling of losing someone so close to you. I then sat at my place and thought what could I possibly do to help him. Would words of encouragement help him? maybe. Nevermind. I'll just pray for him and his family right now.

After class, the day got gloomier and it started raining, it rained non-stop for 3 hours, and it was the heaviest and longest rainfall Melbourne had this year. The lower part of a block in my uni got flooded by 3cm.

While walking to the bus stop, I told my friend some words of encouragement and told him to be strong in this situation.

Gloomy Friday April 3rd, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment